Have you ever played Quintero Golf Club? I got the chance to play this course and was simply blown away with the experience. From the outside service to the beverage cart girl and the ranger, it was a great day of golf and I am honored that I got the chance to play there. It’s quite the drive from Scottsdale, but it was worth it.
Since this was the first time I had played the golf course, I was a little worried about how to play each hole. EVERY hole at Quintero is different, and you really need a guide on how to play each hole. You’re in luck! Before you tee off, the starter will provide you with a few things, including tips and tricks on how to play each hole. These helpful hints really made a difference, especially on the elevated par 3s.
- More room left off tee than appears – Be Sure to play the 2nd shot 1/2 club short and don’t go long.
- Favor the right side on your tee shot as everything funnels to the long fairway bunker on the left – Aim right on the 2nd shot as well.
- Hit the tee shot to leave a 150 yard shot into the green and to avoid the fairway bunker on the right – Ravine runs across fairway 50 yards from the green to the left and behind the green.
- More room right off teh tee than appears – Play the 2nd shot 1/2 club longer into the green.
- Extra room right on the tee shot – Add 2 clubs on the 2nd shot.
- Effective yardages to the middle of green: 219 = 185 | 190 = 160 | 179 = 160 | 169 = 155 | 155 = 140 | 140 = 130
- Keep tee shot left and favor left on 2nd – Add 1/2 club on your 2nd into this elevated green.
- Hole is a dogleg right – Aim left center off the tee to set up a good angle for your 2nd shot over the ravine – Approach shots add 2 clubs into this green.
- Effective yardages to middle: 212 = 185 | 200 = 175 | 188 = 165 | 173 = 160 | 162 = 150 | 159 = 148 | 139 = 130 | 125 = 120
- Favor the left hand side of the tee – Layup on 2nd shot to 70 yards short of the green on the left side to avoid bunkers on right side.
- Favor the left hand side of the tee – Add 1/2 club on 2nd shot.
- More room on the right than appears off the tee – Add 1 club on 2nd shot.
- Avoid water short of the green by playing for the yardage to the center of the green.
- Play short of the bunkers off the tee – Stay left on your 2nd shot to avoid bunkers on the right – Add 1 club on your approach.
- Off the tee, aim to the right center of the fairway avoid bunkers on the left – Add 1 club on your approach.
- Effective yardages to middle: 201 = 180 | 202 = 185 | 189 = 175 | 174 = 162 | 160 = 148 | 151 = 142
- Favor the left hand side off the tee to avoid bunkers and hazard on the right hand side – Be sure to add 1 club on 2nd shot.
- Aim to the left of the bunker on the right side of the fairway – Add 1 club on 2nd shot.
These tips really did help. This course is NOT easy, so make sure you play the right set of tees. We played the gold/silver combo tees. Don’t beat yourself up… Tee it forward. If you get out to Quintero Golf Club, have fun. It was one of the best golf experiences I can remember. Enjoy!